11-12 Market Place
A prime prominent town centre building arranged as a large retail unit trading as a Costa Coffee, with residential upper parts comprising four flats. Investment let at £55,300 per annum.
- Wantage is an attractive market town situated some 60 miles west of London and some 15 miles south of Oxford
- The property is situated on Market Place, which is the principal retailing location in the town, where there is car parking and a regular street market. There is further parking to the rear of Waitrose
- Occupiers close by include Waitrose, Savers, Holland & Barrett, M&Co, McColl’s, Barclays Bank, Greggs, Coral, Fat Face, Card Factory and Nationwide Building Society, amongst many others
- There are good motor communications, with the A338 providing a direct link to the M4 Motorway (Junction 24) 10 miles to the south and the A34 some 5 miles to the east, which gives access to Oxford and the M40 Motorway
- Leisure facilities are available at Wantage Leisure Centre
- A prominent corner building arranged as a ground floor and basement retail unit trading as Costa Coffee, with four self-contained flats on the first and second floors
- Ground Floor – Sales Area approximately 2,015 sq ft
- Basement – Floor area approximately 690 sq ft
- First/Second Floors
Flats 1 & 4 each sold on a 150 year lease from 1st January 2015 at a ground rent of £50 per annum
Flats 2 & 3 each sold on a 150 year lease from 1st January 2015 at a ground rent of £100 per annum
The ground floor and basement is let to Costa Limited on a lease for a term of 10 years from 20th January 2010 at a rent of £55,000 per annum.
Costa Coffee is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whitbread plc and is the second largest coffee house chain in the world.
Total Current Rent £55,300 per annum
Please refer to our website savills.co.uk/auctions